Subject: getting to an empty seat in a crowded room
Materials: Books and notebooks for Students C and E to use.
Setting: Arrange the chairs in the following order and have students sit in all of the chairs except the one which is circled. Student E should put his/her extra books on this seat. Student C puts his/her extra beaks partly under the chair which he or she occupies.
- Student A enter the room through the door.
- Student A, stop and look around for an empty seat.
- Student A, move up so you are standing next to Student B.
- Student A, ask ii Seat F is taken. Nod towards it or point with your hand.
- Students B, C, D, look towards Student E and ask if "that seat" is taken.
- Student E, say "no" and remove your books from the chair and hold them on your lap.
- Student A, say "Excuse me" and turn your back to Students B, C, D, and E.
- Student B, turn your legs so they go out in the aisle.
- Student C, pick up the books which are under your chair.
- Student A, take sidewards steps with your back to Stu_dents 8, C, D, and E and move towards the empty chair.
- Student A, say, "Excuse me" to Students D and E.
- Student D, turn your legs so your knees point towards the empty chair.
- Student E, turn your legs so your knees point towards the empty chair and then turn your legs so your knees point forward so Student A can sit down.
- Student A, sit down in the empty chair.
Have the empty seat be between Students D and E.
Have the class already be in session.
Have two students enter and have two empty seats by the wall.