1. Go to the Linguistics and English Language Department homepage at http://linguistics.byu.edu/
2. Follow this path to the scholarship application: linguistics.byu.edu àGraduate Students àFinancialàGraduate Scholarship
3. Once you arrive at the application, click “Log In” and type in your BYU netID and your regular BYU password. Once you do this, you will be kicked back out to the home page. Just follow the same path as listed in step 2 to get back to the application.
4. Fill out the information asked of you in the survey. You will need to submit an application for each semester/term during which you wish to receive scholarship funding.
5. Fill in the pertinent information. For credit hours, please list the number of credit hours you are taking that count towards your program of study. If you plan on taking courses that do not count towards your program of study, do not count those courses in your scholarship application.
6. When you are filling out the “Course Info” – please put the course abbreviation and number – not the full course name. (for example – Ling 601)
7. Before submitting the application, take one last look over all the information to make sure it is correct. After verifying that the information you have entered is correct, click “Submit”
8. If there are any changes that need to be made after the application is submitted, simply fill out the form once more with your complete, corrected registration. Please note that each submission is timestamped and we will only use your most recent submission. Although you do have the option to resubmit if you make a mistake, please do your best to keep your submissions to a minimum so the secretaries won’t have so many applications to sort through. *If for some reason you need to change your registration after the scholarship application deadline, please submit a new application immediately. Otherwise your scholarship award will not reflect what you registered for.
9. If there are any questions regarding the scholarship application process, please call the Linguistics and English Language Department at 801-422-2937 or email the Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. REMEMBER: You will only receive scholarship for classes included on your program of study (with the exceptions of Ling 401, Ling 501, and required foreign language courses). This means that TESOL MA students will only receive scholarship for the 37 credits that are included on their program of study (excluding the exceptions mentioned before). Linguistics MA students will only receive scholarship for the 33 credits that are included on their program of study (excluding the exceptions mentioned before).
. Back to top