|After taking Linguistics 678,
- Experience (at an introductory level) the process of designing,
developing, and evaluating professioinal quality materials in accordance
with learner and curricular needs and objectives.
- Increase your understanding of the role of instructional materials
in the language teaching/learning context.
- Learn about various types of "low-tech" as well as technology-based
language learning materials.
- Become familiar with some of the basic terminology, concepts, and
pedagogical and theoretical issues associated with such materials.
- Develop your understanding of the instructional design and language
curriculum development process as they relate to materials development.